- It's much nicer to ride when there are no dogs to knock you into the road.
- A little sprinkle on the back end of a long ride can be a good thing.
- You can't see much of the Carper corn empire from the road.
- The row of junker cars up by the Rutland turn (including the old Cadillac hearse) is still awaiting rescue.
- Getting to the Rutland turn off County Hwy 20 is satisfying enough without going into Rutland.
- Filling the water bottle with ice cubes and then topping off with water is a good idea.
- It's good to have a nice road bike.
- Keeping a 20mph pace is not easy.
- The downhill run to our house in the last quarter mile is a nice way to end a ride.
Monday, August 08, 2011
What I Learned on My Ride to Rutland
I got on my Trek road bike this morning and put in some miles in the cloudy hours, although today was such a good day, pleasant weather, that a ride any time of the day would have been pleasant. No wind, no killer heat, no killer humidity. I didn't learn much, but I'll count these things.