Tuesday, April 07, 2009

I Heard Mr. Young Sing About It


Back in about 1982-83, I got my only chance to see Neil Young on tour, down in Denver, and although it was good, fun, cool, rockin', and rollin', it wasn't the Neil Young I wanted to see.  He's a guy who's taken many forms, from the hipster folkie in the 60's and 70's to the "Neil and the Shocking Pinks" and "Trans"-Neil from the 80's, when I saw him.  He was alone, with some computerized gizmos that he could set up to sound like a band was there with him playing the songs from "Trans," his techno-flavored album.  

He's on the road again, playing down in Omaha and in Denver this month and all over Canada, his home country.  

I won't see him, but he's back at his best self, singing songs that matter and rockin' on.  

Check out the cool website and videos, some of it promoting his new work:  http://www.neilyoung.com/

No comments: