Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Let's Try This Again in October


Okay, so there's snow on the ground two feet deep, my leg still complains even if I'm sitting at my desk, and my long run this year so far is about 3.5 miles. So, what should I do? Maybe I'll enter the Twin Cities Marathon again this year. Online registration opened at 12:01 this morning, according to the flier I almost tossed in the trash. So, spurred by the thought of training in the summer and fall again for this endurance test, I've thrown my hat (or my running shoes) in the ring again. Last October I had to take a pass and simply enjoy being part of the support crew for the Mighty Quinn's first marathon attempt. So, I've got a new goal, same as the old goal. I still get to be in Corral 1, thanks to a good Deadwood run last year. The wife and I will try that one again in June. Join us! It's a beauty!

No comments: