Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Moonrise on a Long Day

Sometimes the day just isn't long enough. Sometimes it's too long. Sometimes it's just right. Today was a little long, and after meetings, class, more meetings, I headed home late and came around the final stretch to home and the rising moon came into view as you see here, a scene that always quiets me down, eases me back, reminds me that the world is just turning, and I'm nothing much on it. The streetlights can't do it, but the moon, coming big and bright like a gentle cow heading in from the pasture, never fails to put a good end to the day.
Having a few friends over for a great supper, having other friends pop in unexpectedly, and having good news in the mail all helps too. Amen. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

April said...

It sounds like you had a great night Dad! I like the cow-moon reference very much.