Monday, June 04, 2007

On the Road in the Black Hills

Thanks to the wife for her excellent posting here about our New Ulm trip; we had a great time there and I'm glad to see the photo of her by the windows of The Bohemian, where we stayed. It's a great town and a great B&B. Oh for another taste of Bobbi's bacon!

After a stop in Ft. Pierre I'm out here in Whitewood at my sister's getting ready to be back on my bike. As noted, I ran the Deadwood Mickelson Trail Marathon (they're calling it the MTM) yesterday and survived with about 102 minutes of running. With the recent rain, the trail was cris-crossed with running water, making even the excellent trail a muddy mess in spots. It was a real trail run! Only the old Mystic Mountain Run was more rugged.

Now I'm going to work my way south to Hot Springs, where my brother and I will pack up tomorrow and head for Wyoming on our bikes, then hike into the Cloud Peak Wilderness area. Feats don't fail me now!

No comments: