Friday, April 02, 2010

Don't Look and You Won't See It

It's time I told my big news of the week. My first bike ride of the year, on Wednesday, ended up with me in the emergency room, a doctor digging grit out of the hole in my forehead. I was riding out north of town on county highway 29, or 457th Avenue, almost to county highway 22, 226th Street, when a dog came running out from a farm and ran into my front wheel, knocking me over and into the road. I landed on my forehead and shoulder, leaving some of both on the road, along with some knuckle and knee.
That's the basics. The picture is of me today, the bruising having spread into both eyes. I'm hoping it's going to start subsiding soon. I'll spare you the gory details; the photo gives hint enough.

6 comments:

Dan said...

Oy, veh!

What kind of soup is good for this?

Phil B said...

Ouch! Of course, the scars incurred from bike accidents have a way of adding character to a person.

John Nelson said...

It's all character-building, right? I must have a persistent flaw that my shoulder seeks to amend.

Any soup would help.

Anonymous said...

I do feel sorry for you - but on the bright side the blue and purple combination really shows off your long eyelashes!

Anonymous said...

Ouch! This is material for Rocky 9, eh?

John Nelson said...

Was there a Rocky VIII? I must have missed it!