Saturday, December 04, 2010

A Snowman Bigger than a House!


That's one big snowman!
Yesterday as the wife and I cruised in to work, she exclaimed, "Wow, look at that snowman!  It's bigger than that house!"  Because I was keeping my eyes on the road, I had missed it. "Where?" I asked, beginning to gawk where she was pointing. I didn't see this monster snowman, amazed that someone had managed to scrape together enough snow for even a LITTLE guy, since we have only the barest of snowfall.  I couldn't imagine how someone could have built a snowman that high.  Heavy equipment in the back yard?  As close as it was to my class time, I had to drive around the block to see it.  "Where?" I asked again.  When she pointed, I saw she was referring to a some big metal hoops with lights on them.  "That's not a snowman," I pouted.  She was right, of course, sort of; it was a big metal light-encrusted representation of a snowman, bigger than the house.  It looks much better at night, when it's all lit up, as here.

No comments: