Friday, September 29, 2006

No Sore Foot--Will Run for Shirt

Last year a sore foot kept me out of the Twin Cities Marathon, but this year, it seems well enough to allow me to at least attemp to survive the 26.2 mile ordeal. It starts at 8:00 at the Metrodome, winds around several lakes in Minneapolis, crosses the river into St. Paul, and finishes at the capitol. I'll be glad to come down the hill on Summit, past the cathedral, and to the finish line, where I plan to get my shirt and enjoy a banana, a glass of water, a cupcake, a cup of coffee, and a long nap. I may not get the long nap.

1 comment:

John Nelson said...

Just so you know, I did get the muffin, the glass of water, the cup of coffee, and the banana, along with my cool new "finisher" running shirt. Cool. But no nap, even though the wife did drive most of the way home.