Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Book Lover's Treasure Trove

Our town's libraries are culling their books, and people are pitching in those books they don't want, so book fans get to pick over the tables, and you never know what you might find.

My favorite here is Anguish Languish, a 1956 book by H.L. Chase. I had never seen a copy, though I had enjoyed "Ladle Rat Rotten Hut" and heard there were other stories like it. My time has come. Text is here.

Don't ask about some of these. Pac-Man? Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I almost bought Anguish Languish myself. It's a good thing I didn't, or I may have ruined your entire cheap-book library experience.

John Nelson said...

Miles, you may want to reach back and kick yourself, unless you're truly generous. I checked some rare book sites and it's going for $150 or better. Yay me!