Thursday, February 16, 2006

Dental Work and a Trip to Marine World

Today I spent three hours in the dentist's chair getting a root canal. On the bright side, it's one of the few times that I have singular freedom with a remote control and cable tv. So, what does one do while a person drills out the nerves of your tooth as though an annoying pain in your finger might result in the desire to have a digit numbed? One might as well have one's brain numbed too. How about some Munsters, some Green Acres, and some Beverly Hillbillies to muddle your mind? Add to that the construction of a frivolous automobile, and you don't need gas.

Is this what people get for their cable bills? The Beverly Hillbillies? Today Uncle Jed, Ellie May, Jethro, and Granny were going to MarineWorld, where they figured they could catch some fish. Granny wanted fish for supper, and once they got permission from a Marine, it was whale for supper or Granny's pitching a fit.

On the other hand, as the process continued, I did get a view of London on the travel channel. I was hoping it would be Paris. I've got a new tooth now I could take there.

1 comment:

Julia said...

I find it amazing that you can watch television while getting dental work done!

It's really hard to find anything worthwhile on tv anyway, no surprise the Beverly Hillbillies still lives.